“An Essential for Everyone”
Why choose a sports massage?
Sports Massage Therapy should play an important part in the life of any person taking part in regular physical activity. Massage has a number of physical, physiological and psychological benefits.
Sports massage can help keep the body in better condition, prevent injuries and loss of mobility, cure and restore mobility to injured muscle tissue, boost performance and extend the overall life of your sporting career.
It’s not just for sports people, treatment can be very beneficial to anyone struggling with tight muscles, headaches or stress. Those carrying stress around their neck and shoulders would really benefit from sports massage.
Packages and gift vouchers are also available for this service, contact us for more information.
Being an active sportsman or woman, staying free from niggles and injuries will enable you to maintain your best sporting performance. With ongoing treatment, I can work with you to achieve your goals. Whether it is to return to your chosen sport following an injury or just relieve that stress in your neck and shoulders due to a demanding job role, Sports Massage Therapy at Physique Health can help you! Here is a round-up of the most important benefits of this treatment:
· Increased Circulation– Tight or damaged tissue will hold less blood due to the ‘squeezing effect’ it has. Therefore, the flow of vital nutrients required for repair will be restricted. Massage aids with regaining this circulation to the tissues
· Increased Tissue Permeability– Deep massage will open pores and enable nutrients to flow through. Waste products (lactic acid) will be removed and enable a quicker recovery
· Stretching– Fibres are stretched in all directions, enabling a better stretch to the tissues than the usual methods. Massage will also stretch the fascia which surrounds the muscle and enable tension build up to release
· Break Down Scar Tissue– Previous injuries will results in scar tissue being left, this can affect the muscle and connective tissues (tendons and ligaments) causing tightness
· Improve Tissue Elasticity– Heavy training or busy working lives can harden the tissues and cause in-elasticity. Accompanying this hard training with massage will keep the muscles stretched out
· Opens Circulation– Massage stretches the fibres and dilates the blood vessels, encouraging blood flow of nutrients through the area.
Prices & Packages
– Assessment & 1st treatment
– 1 muscle group
– 2 or more muscle groups
|Block Booking Discount
– Buy 5 sessions or more!